Blogger Templates

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tree Lined Road

For most of my childhood I would have several, recurring dreams. One such dream was of me driving in a car, sometimes it was a car from my childhood, sometimes a car I didn't recognize, sometimes I would be in the front seat, sometimes the back, but the outside of the car always remained the same. The car drove down a tree lined road, the leaves on the trees were all yellow and falling off the trees, covering the ground in a blanket of yellow. It was always night time in the dream and there were always terrible, sad feelings brought about by it, like something terrible was about to, or just had, happened.
The other night we went for our usual trip to the cemetery. It was dark out though, something common for our trips there in the fall. Last year, we drove the back way in to the cemetery, this year, we drive a slightly different way. As we drove, I felt like I was back in that dream. This road was lined with trees, the leaves yellow and falling, the ground was covered in that fall blanket. It was shocking to me, thinking back to my dream, wondering if I was making a connection where there was none.
I haven't had that dream in years, and now I can't help but wonder if it was just a glimpse of my future, or just a grieving mom grasping at straws to make herself feel...better?

2 comments:

  1. I have moments like that all the time. Something I've dreamt comes to pass months or years later. It would be nice to be able to identify the dream as a premonition but at the time it's only a dream.
    HUGS, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say, that sometimes I feel when I have deja vu moments like that, where a dream from the past mimic a reality in the future, it means I'm on the right path. I feel it's something telling me that I'm heading the right direction and that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, to keep going. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete