Blogger Templates

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Little One

Little one, little one,
Where have you gone?
Your leaving has darkened
The brightest dawn.

Why have you left us,
so soon, so soon?
Where can we look for you?
Over the moon?
On butterflies wings?
In the heart of a rose?
Who knows, who knows,
Where a little one goes?

Where I have gone,
I am not so small
My soul is as wide
as the world is tall
I have gone to answer
The call, the call
of the one who takes
Care of us all
where ever you look,
You will find me there
In the heart of a rose,
In the heart of a prayer
On butterfly wings,
On wings of my own
To you I am gone,
But I'm never alone
I'm over the moon,
I am home

 Jim Howard

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful sweet words! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for posting this. It was on a card sent to me in 1999, when we lost our son, aged 5 weeks. I memorised the first few lines, which enabled me to find it now. Thank You

    ReplyDelete