Blogger Templates

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Hawk

Not too long ago I talked about the little gifts that I believe are from Alexandra. I left out a special part of the things I believee Alexandra is doing.
I'm not sure when it started, I believe the hawk came around during my pregnancy a few times, but I started seeing it a lot after we found out that Alexandra had no heart beat. This hawk, circling around in the sky, higher and higher until it was gone.
I remember seeing it just after we had Alexandra and I wondered about it. Steve's family believes that eagles are very important, they help carry spirits to heaven. When I first took notice of the hawk, it was to wonder to myself, if this hawk was there to carry my daughter to heaven. Surely, if an eagle carried an adult spirit, a hawk could carry a baby spirit, right? Babies are so much smaller, a hawk could do it easily.
This idea was dismissed by some family members, because their beliefs don't say anything about the hawk, only the eagle. Still, I felt that the hawk meant something. Since that time, I have noticed the hawk more frequently.
It only comes around when I'm thinking of Alexandra. I have tried to will it to come, and nothing. I have tried to sit and look out the window while thinking of Alexandra AND the hawk, and nothing. When I am lost in thoughts of Alexandra and nothing else, that is when this beautiful bird comes around.
If you look up the symbolic meaning of a hawk, you will find this definition:

HAWK - is the messenger. It is also about visionary power and guardianship, the hawk is very protective of the young in its nest. It teaches us about providing for family and self. Hawk teaches us to be observant and to pay attention to what we may overlook. This could mean a talent we don't use, a blessing for which we haven't expressed gratitude, or a message from Spirit. The hawk has keen eyesight, it is about opening our eyes and seeing that which is there to guide us.
http://www.theearthangelconnection.com/Power%20%20Animals.htm

2 comments:

  1. I believe it, it seems like too much of a coincidence that the hawk has been around so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I very recently suffered my loss and have been reading your blog from the beginning. It helps to read someone's feelings who have gone through a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete