Blogger Templates

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Help Me, Help You

On Sunday it was the anniversary of the day we found out that Alexandra had passed away. I knew it would be a hard day so I decided to do only gentle things. One of those things was to make some pictures for a few loss moms that I have connected with. I haven't posted the pictures because I never thought to ask for permission and those pictures are private. I have spoken to one woman and she told me that I could post the picture I made for her daughter. Her daughter's name is also Alexandra.
I am not a photographer, so obviously the pictures aren't as perfect as some, but making them makes me feel a sense of peace. Knowing that the feeling I get seeing that someone has taken the time to do something with my daughter's name is being passed on through something I am doing.
That's why I would like to make some more pictures today. So, if someone reading this wants their child's name done, please comment and I will take the picture.
And for everyone that does, thank you for helping me by letting me spend some time doing something for your child.

10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Could you please do one for my son Jacob? You can post the picture too if you like.

    He was born 4 Tuesday's ago on June 1, so the 1 month mark is coming up in a few days. I can't believe it has been so long since I've held him.

    I'm thinking about you and thank you for doing this.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if you could do it for my Jenna. It's been almost two years, and I still miss her. Thank you for doing this.

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if you could do my son's name his name was joshua but everyone called him joshy. His two month mark just passed on the 22nd Thanks so much it means alot if there's anything i can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this picture you did for Alexandra! And it came at such a perfect time! Really made my night! Doing things for other Moms out there really makes me happy to know I can maybe make someone else's day or make someone else smile. I plan on making a little something for your Alexandra real soon!! :) Many hugs to you & Alexandra today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i forgot to mention my sons middle name was alexander =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer doesn't let me open up links to email accounts, so if Joshy's mommy could send me an email (its_missy@ymail.com) I just have a question and then I can do the picture (might have to do it tomorrow, but you'll have it tomorrow for sure)

    Dana, can you also send me an email? I have your pictures, just need your email address.

    Also, thank you to everyone, I had a very calm afternoon out in the sun making these pictures. You can't tell, but I take the pictures outside and it's nice to sit out there in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love it. I've got mine posted on my blog now. : ) <3 Keep your fingers crossed about the weather this weekend- there's supposed to be a hurricane and I'm supposed to do Alexandra's name in the sand!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful... Truly beautiful. If you are interested in spelling out Nicholas, Sophia, and Alexander's names, I would treasure it. (But please, I have a feeling that you will have a lot of requests, so dont worry if you cant!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO beautiful! Can you also do my daughter's name? Her name is Leila. It's going to be 3 months on the 9th of July that we lost her.

    Thank you SO much for doing this and of course there's no rush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!

    I would love to have one made for my Claire when you get the chance.

    I agree with Maggie that the joy of making these kinds of treasures for other BLMs brings me such happiness. I wish there was more we could all do but seeing our baby's name written in unique ways helps us heal and brings us comfort and that is what we all need.

    Thank you Melissa.

    Jaime
    xo

    ReplyDelete