Blogger Templates

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Project

Today was a regular kind of day. Dayne and I watched some TV and he went to a birthday party. While he was at the party, I worked out and then I began a project. My mission was to find as many loss mommies as I could. I am collecting their blogs. I was also after the blogs of women that have suffered a loss and gone on to do something to help others. This is something I have noticed happens quite often.
When I found Treasure Beans, I found a lot of other blogs that do similar things. Moms using their pain and their experience, to ease the pain of others. It's really amazing. Just by sending a few emails, my daughter's name will touch people's hearts all over the world. My hope for my daughter to impact as many lives as I can reach, my reach opened up that much more, by these other moms, that understand.
 My project is to compile a list of all the support sites, all the Angel Mommy blogs, all the charities that help, and all of the sites that write our angel's names in some special way. With this list, I want to make a website. I want to help from the time a woman receives that horrifying news that her angel has passed, through her labor and delivery and all the way along her walk through grief. I want these moms to be surrounded by love, hope, acceptance, understanding, and most importantly, all of our Angel Babies.
A new realization has washed over me. My daughter can not only be seen and heard through me, but through me, she can also help families, and so can all those angel babies that passed away before her.
I don't know the firs thing about making a website, but for those that need it, I will learn. My first step was to start my list and I have...and it's huge, and I will continue to add to it, while I learn how I'm going to carry on with this. I will complete this project, it may take me some time, but I will.

4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea! One of the first things I did was find a site that gave bears to hospitals for families leaving with empty arms. My hospital is now participating in this in memory of my daughter and her name is on the pamphlets. It's a wonderful feeling to know your babies continue to touch people's lives. Good luck! I'm sure your website will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is a good one, heartbreaking but good. This little angel died at a week old.
    http://www.corasstory.org/
    I also found a lot of comfort from this lady. It's her photography blog but she lost her baby boy last year at 8 weeks old to whooping cough. He got it right before he was supposed to get the vaccine for it. She is amazing.
    http://www.natalienortonphoto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that Alexandra's story has certainly touched my heart. You and your family are in my prayers. You are a very strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hesitant to comment on your blog because I am in the BBC May 2010 birth club and I didn't want to bring any pain to you by commenting. However, after your last post I decided to go ahead and say hi. My mom went through an experience similar to yours with a son she gave birth to, who would have been and I guess still is, my older brother. Reading your thougts gives me some insight into what she went through. I also have several friends who have lost babies, although mostly as miscarriages not stillbirths. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story and to let you know that you and your family are in my heart. I think what you're doing is wonderful and a true way to honor your angel.

    ReplyDelete