Blogger Templates

Friday, June 11, 2010

Remembering The One's We've Lost

It's something I was never really aware of until recently. We are surrounded by loss. I feel like I should have seen it before, but I was never so aware as I am now.
Yesterday a woman I know told a group of us that it was the anniversary of her friends death. She was sad, thinking about how unfair it was that he had passed away and really missed out on so much of life. He was an adult, but still hadn't lived long enough to really experience life.
Today, a woman that recently joined a loss board I am on, is delivering her baby. She is 22 weeks pregnant and delivering her baby into eternity.
Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the loss of another angel baby.
When we were at the cemetery today, we noticed that two babies had happy birthday balloons by their headstones. Their birthday's have just passed.
So much loss and so much pain surrounds us. And yet, we carry on.
I have never been so conscious of the fact that people are leaving this earth every single day and the only way THEY can carry on is if we remember them.
As odd as it may sound, I think that everyone that reads this should take this next moment to remember those that they have loved and lost. I know that I have been thinking of the three people that I listed, the two birthday babies at the cemetery and my daughter today.
All of my thoughts are with the families of those that are struggling today. May you all find just a little bit of peace within yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Mine too. Many hugs and warm thoughts extended to all those families who have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a lot of years dwelling on the fact that the world is such a devestatingly painful place to live. For my own sanity, I had to learn to have sympathy for those that suffered around me rather than take the suffering upon myself. Time is precious; don't get lost. Don't get lost.
    I love you.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete