Blogger Templates

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

This morning I woke up a little bit more early than usual. I sit in my bed for a little while, watching the news and then I crawled out of bed and went to take a shower and get my day started. Yesterday was a more difficult day, but I worked hard to make it a gentle one.
It seems that on every really difficult day, something happens to make it more bearable. Some little thing, that I always view as a gift from my daughter. Yesterday, when I missed her the most, the phone rang. I ignored it. When the light began to flash, indicating a message, I decided to see who it was. The message brought my ray of light. My little gift.
The message was from the photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. He had our pictures. Not just the CD with the pictures, but a DVD and ten 8x10 printed photographs that the photographer himself picked out. He wanted to know if he could come by the next morning (today) and drop them off. I called him back quickly. I didn't want to miss him, or my chance to get the pictures as soon as possible.
I woke up a lot last night. I was excited to see my daughter. To see our only family pictures.
I sat, showered, dressed and waiting for the phone to ring this morning. The call came right around 9am and the photographer told me he would be by in an hour. I counted down the minutes.
When the photographer finally arrived, I was outside waiting for him. Partially because I didn't want my dog to scare him and partially because I just couldn't wait the extra 2 minutes it may take him to walk into the house. He seemed to be in a bit of a hurry anyway, so it worked out well for both of us.
The second he left I ran inside to look at the pictures. I took some time to myself, I went through each picture and I cried. They are so beautiful. Alexandra looks so beautiful. She looks just like Steve. I knew she would and she did. Her perfect little nose, that sweet little nose that I got to see for such a short time.
I waited for Steve to come home and take some time for himself to go over the pictures before I would post here. The reason for waiting? I am going to share with you all, the pictures of our family. The pictures of one of the hardest days of our lives, the day we buried our little girl.
I will not warn anyone to look away and I will not apologize to anyone that may be offended by my daughter's pictures. I invite you all to see Alexandra.







16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby girl. Those are wonderful pics. Thank you so much for making Jenna's name out of the stones. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing those pictures. Alexandra is beautiful! Your family picture is beautiful and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Alexandra is beautiful Melissa! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm really glad you have some pictures of her to keep. Cherish them. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandra is a sweet, precious girl. What beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hoping you would post pictures of your sweet baby girl! she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexandra is SO beautiful! <3 Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Melissa she is absolutely beautiful. So so beautiful. What a wonderful job the photographer did too! I am so glad you got your pictures and you will be able to look at them as often as you want and cherish them forever. Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Missy, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing Alexandra with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Melissa,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for your comfort and strength. I am visiting from Michele's blog. Please know that I care and I would love to send you a handkerchief for your tears from my other blog. You can send me your full name & address at dpucci9972@gmail.com
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am from the BB boards and have been following your blog since it began. Alexandra is beautiful, Missy. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa, She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing her pictures.

    ReplyDelete