Blogger Templates

Monday, June 21, 2010

Today

Today. It's what I live, one day at a time. Today.
Today, Dayne and I have had a peaceful day. Calm and quiet, we've played games that don't take much energy. We've watched shows that don't ask you to get up and follow actions along with the characters.
I've done simple chores, and didn't allow myself to feel guilty about really doing not much of anything.
My peace from the cemetery last night has stuck with me today and I am revelling in it. The angry ache in my heart is slightly more subdued. I know it's not going to stay like that, but today is a calm day and I am choosing to recognize and remember this.
For supper I'll make comfort food and I'll hope that this calm wakes up with me tomorrow again, though I won't be upset or disappointed if it doesn't...I will be grateful for today.
I found a short poem today that I really like. It speaks to me because I hate for people to see me cry, and this is a poem I want to remember, something that will remind me that it's ok to cry. So I'm going to post it here for today. I enjoy sharing these things with other people, I enjoy reading poetry, I used to enjoy writing it, but haven't done any of that kind of writing for years. The other day I tried to think of a poem for Alexandra, but I couldn't do it. I felt bad, but I have creative writers block.

There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness,
but of power.
They speak more eloquently
than 10,000 tongues.
They are the messengers
of overwhelming grief,
of deep contrition,
and of unspeakable love.
- Washington Irving

I hope that everyone else is having a calm and peaceful day today as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are having a peaceful day today. Enjoy those days! XO

    ReplyDelete