Blogger Templates

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Working Out

Today I did my first work out since...well, since before I found out I was pregnant. I used to work out every single day. I loved it, it made me feel good about myself and it made me happy. The April or May before I found out I was pregnant I got a job that took up a lot more of my time, the job itself was a work out, so I dropped the ball (literally, because a big part of my work out was the ball work out) Just before I found out I was pregnant, I had started walking. Not short walks, I would drop Dayne off at school and walk to work. It was a long walk, and I made sure to go fast to get my heart going. It was a nice start to my days.
Shortly after my morning sickness started, I was too sick to do that walk. It was not too long after that time that I stopped working.  I didn't work out again after that. I did some stretching on the ball at first, but eventually stopped all together.
Recently I have felt that maybe if I start working out again it will help me. It will help me to lose the baby weight I gained and that will help me to fit into my old clothes, which will make me feel better about myself. I'm also running on the idea that exercise released endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Maybe working out will help me to gain a little bit of happiness. I certainly couldn't hurt.
I also feel like...working out is a better escape than any of the other things I could do...like getting drunk or sleeping all day.
So, today I decided to start. I started with an "easy" ball workout. One that I normally did as a warm up before I did Turbo Jam. It's only 25 minutes long and I used to breeze right through it. Today however, it was a little more difficult than it used to be. I made it through the whole thing, without having to stop, so I guess I'm not that out of shape, but I didn't finish it without a thought like a year ago.
I'm going to keep going though, eventually I will be back to the same spot I was last year and maybe it will help me. At least it's a great way to spend time with Dayne, he loves to workout, and he's pretty good at the ball workout. If nothing else, it is a way to spend precious time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment