Blogger Templates

Friday, October 8, 2010

Question Five

Day 5 - your favorite quote.

My favorite quote used to be "The pain passes, but the beauty remains" It is a Pierre-Auguste Renoir quote. After we lost Alexandra that quote no longer made sense to me. I used to always think that as long as you could grin and bear it, anything painful would eventually stop hurting. I was wrong.

Now, all of my favorite quotes revolve around loss. I have a couple that I love the most, I'll put them here:

"Grief is not a sign of weakness. Nor lack of faith. It is the price of love..."

"A butterfly came floating by, I thought I knew it's face,It landed on my shoulder, and spread its wings of lace, I looked and saw it smiling, as it winked and flew away. I'm sure I heard it whisper, "We'll meet again one day"

"A wife who loses a husband is called a widow.A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.A child who loses his parents is called an orphan.There is no word for a parent who loses a child.That's how awful the loss is."- Ronald Reagan

2 comments:

  1. All great quotes, I love the butterfly one. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ronald Reagan quote made me tear up. Beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete