Blogger Templates

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Question Two

Day 2 - a movie that helped you get through the hard times, or one that jumps out at you after your loss

I'm not really big on movies. I have seen a few since we lost Alexandra, but none of them were especially special. The one that jumps out at me was one we watched as a family called Shorts. It's about a boy that finds a magic rock that you can make wishes on. There are many short stories about the different and funny things that happen because of this rock and it had Dayne laughing sooooo hard. Dayne told me what he would wish for. It's his usual wish since we lost Alexandra. "Mommy, if I had a magic rock I would wish if I was a super hero so I could fly up to heaven and bring Alexandra home" It reminds me of that saying "If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane. I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again"
It makes me so sad that this has to be Dayne's wish. Why can't his wish be something normal for a 5 year old? At the same time, it makes me unbelievably proud to know that my son wants to include his baby sister in everything.

2 comments: