Blogger Templates

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Question Four

Day 4 - your favorite book. has it changed since your loss?


I read a lot of blogs and I am aware that a lot of loss moms read books about loss, stillbirth, miscarriages, SIDS, etc. I did not do that. I have yet to read one book about loss. I read blogs instead. I also read different religious items. I have a Bible, a Book Of Mormon, a Qur'an. I read about different cultures and what they believe happens when someone dies. Instead of reading about loss, I feel compelled to read about where my daughter may be. What people believe about where she is, how she's doing, if she's around me. I think it's because of my lack of faith that I do this. I have always wished that I could just have the faith that some other people have, to just be able to let go of all the stuff bouncing around in my own head and have faith, but I have yet to find such a faith.
So, while what I have read since my loss has changed, my favorites remain the same.
I have actually had the same favorite book since I was a teenager. The book is called Jonathan Livingston Seagull and it is written by Richard Bach. People always chuckle when I tell them that my favorite book is about a seagull that learns to fly, but it is! The book is about learning to over come anything that stands in your way. I highly recommend this book to everyone! It's a wonderful book.
My favorite quote from the book is:
"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"

1 comment: