Blogger Templates

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Question Thirteen

Day 13 - a fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss

This question is easy for me, but probably not a typical answer. I'm big on reading, so, while packing my bag to go deliver my sleeping daughter, I grabbed a book. Later I thought, how silly, why would I read? But once you have cried so much that your head throbs and your eyes are all swollen, and you're sure you have no tears left, you need something to do...so I read that book. I read several chapters at the hospital and that book kept me sane, by giving me something to dive into that first week. When I had nothing to do, and couldn't sleep, I would read.
The book is called Heart-Shaped Box and it was written by Joe Hill. It is weird that I got lost in a book about the dead and ghosts when dealing with the most difficult kind of death to deal with, but losing myself in a book that was totally fake, it was just what I needed.


My Uncle Pat and Aunt Alison are two of my favorite people in this world. My Uncle Pat and I talk a lot about different books and authors and every now and then a box will arrive in the mail with some books in it, and it was one of those times that this book showed up at my house. So, I credit my Uncle Pat and my Aunt Alison for giving me the gift of a mindless escape during the hardest time of my life.
(And you know you guys are reading this! - I love you both so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment