Blogger Templates

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Question Seventeen

Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc) that moves you.


This is easy. When I was around 15 or 16 I was at the mall with my mom. She was at an appointment and while I waited for her I visited an art store. After roaming around looking aimlessly, I found myself looking through a stack of pictures. The young man that worked at the store (who probably wasn't much older than I was) came over and asked how I liked all the Dali paintings. I didn't know who had painted these things, but I knew that I loved them.
The one that I was drawn to, that moved me was Swans Relfecting Elephants. It was slightly dark, and I couldn't stop staring at the swans, as their reflection turned to elephants, it spoke to me of how things aren't always as they appear. Sometimes there is so much more. And there was more to the painting than just that, it was amazing to me, and I didn't really know why.
Steve has bought me three Salvador Dali paintings, even though he hates them. There is something so...I don't really know how to describe it, but the pictures are so much to take in and I just love looking at them. Art you can get lost in, it's amazing. Though some of his stuff is a little to dark for me, I enjoy looking at most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment