Blogger Templates

Friday, October 29, 2010

Six Months

When Dayne turned six months old, I had a party. There was cake and we had people over. The cake had clowns on it. I remember that day. I remember thinking, people will think I'm crazy for having a half year birthday, but I just didn't care.
Tomorrow would have been the half year party for Alexandra, it would have worked out perfectly that she would have been 6 months and one day old tomorrow. Her cake would have had girly princess things on it. She wouldn't have eaten any of it, but I would have taken pictures and I would have shared them with everyone. I would have saved those pictures for when she was older and could look at them with me, while I explained to her how sweet she was and what things she liked and didn't like.
Instead, later today we'll stop by the cemetery, I'll sit there and wish my daughter a happy half year. Instead of laughter and hugs, my daughter's half year marker will be filled with tears. I don't get to give my little girl a hug today...or any day. I don't get to share her milestones with people, to talk about how she's doing, to share her smiles and laughs.
Happy Six Month Birthday to my little princess.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I read your blog I get teary-eyed. Thank you for your strength to share this all with the world. It reminds me to be thankful for every second with my son.

    Happy six month birthday Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you!
    Tracy aka wisemommy

    ReplyDelete