Blogger Templates

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Question Fourteen

Day 14 - a non-fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss.


Well, I have read a few non fiction books since my loss, but the one that popped into my head when I read this question was a book that was given to me by my Aunt Alison (see the the trend here? lol) It was a Christmas gift and she had explained that this was one of her favorite books and she thought I would like it.
Well, life got in the way, and the book got set aside and I forgot about it for a while. Every now and then I would think "I MUST read that book" but I did not. After we lost Alexandra I was talking to my Aunt on the phone and she asked me if I read the book, and I told her that I had not read it yet. She suggested that I read it and that it might be helpful to this time in my life. And it has been.
The book is called Mutant Message From Down Under and it's written by Marlo Morgan. I have not finished the book yet, I actually have 3 books on the go right now, but I just love sitting down and really getting into that book. I'm kind of cheating with this one because, while this book was originally categorized as a non-fiction book, it was later re-categorized as fiction. There is much drama surrounding the book and it's author's possible intentions. Whether the story is really true or not, it holds a great message, and that message is all the non fiction I need from this book. 
A good quote from the book:
“Forget the pain. Learn to endure. Focus your attention elsewhere.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment